Last week I all of a sudden became the proud owner of about 60 pieces of citrus fruit. Every single person that visited my house came baring bags of Lemons, Limes and Oranges! And everyone else that I spoke too was offering me free fruit! With all this gorgeous fruit taking over my kitchen bench space, and everyone so eager to give me more, it seemed like the universe was telling me something… I needed to carve out some time to work on some new Citrus inspired recipes!
So after a little brainstorming I decided to start with these ridiculously delicious Orange Chocolate Chip Cookies!
I know the combination isn’t for everyone, but I am a big fan of Orange and Chocolate together. Give me a pack of Jaffas or a Terry’s Chocolate Orange any day of the week, and don’t even get me started on Orange Chocolate Chip Ice Cream! But I had never attempted to make an Orange Chocolate Chip Cookie… it was definitely time to try!
Estelle was waking up from her afternoon nap and immediately requesting Cookies for snack time, and I definitely caught Simon sneaking a few out of the jar before breakfast on Saturday!
Safe to say these were a huge hit in our house, and only a few days after filling up the cookie jar, it was empty again! Good thing we have plenty more Oranges for another batch or two! Hopefully you all love them as much as we do.
- 100 grams Butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups Raw Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 4 tsp Fresh Orange Juice
- 1 tbsp Orange Zest
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Chocolate Chips
- Mix Sugar and melted Butter until well combined, and allow to cool.
- Combine Flour, Baking Soda and Salt in a separate bowl.
- Add Egg, Vanilla, Orange Juice and Orange Zest to the Sugar and Butter.
- Add the Flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix till combined.
- Stir in Chocolate Chips.
- Put mixture in the fridge to chill for 30-60 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 180º. Roll a tablespoon of Cookie Dough into a ball and put on a cookie sheet lined with Baking Paper.
- Bake for 11 minutes, let cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet to cool completely.
These cookies are delicious on their own, but I find if you dunk them in a glass of milk it really makes the Orange flavour pop!