I had been buying Granola in the supermarket for years before one day I decided I wanted to try and make my own! It couldn’t be too hard, right? It’s just a big mess of yummy healthy items thrown together… so I set out mixing some of my favourite things to see if make a better one myself. After playing around with ingredients for a while I finally found it… my ideal Granola recipe!
My favourite way to have this granola is with Berries and Greek Yogurt, layered up in a cute little jar! The mix of the creamy yogurt and tart berries goes wonderfully with the crunchy sweetness of the granola. It makes you feel like you are having a treat for breakfast and not something loaded with healthy ingredients!
This delicious mix of oats, nuts, seeds and fruits can be easily customised to suit you and your families favourites. Cranberry and Dark Chocolate is definitely the favourite around here but we also love Coconut and Mango too! Play around with it and see what works best for you!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Pepper & Me Bakers Grind (or your favourite baking spice)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- 1/4 cup Flax Seeds
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/4 cup Sunflower Seeds
- 1/4 cup Chia Seeds
- 1/4 cup Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped Peanuts
- 1/2 cup Dried Cranberry
- 1/2 cup chopped Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper
- Melt Oil and Honey together, then add Bakers Grind and Vanilla
- Add Rolled Oats, Seeds and Nuts and mix until combined
- Spread out on baking tray and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the oats start turning golden. Stir every few minutes too keep from burning.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding Chocolate and Cranberries.
- Store in an air tight container to keep it crunchy and fresh.