Easy Peasy Homemade Granola
One of the favourite breakfasts in our house is yogurt with fruit and granola. We used to buy boxed Granola and every time I would pick up a new box I would tell myself that I would start making it one day. Well, that day finally came a few months ago! Not only is it ridiculously easy to make, but it’s a whole heap of fun too. I don’t think I’ll ever go back to buying it in a box, not when I can make so many delicious variations myself!
I think the best thing about this recipe is how flexible it is. You can literally throw whatever you’ve got in your cupboards into this mix and I can guarantee it’ll taste amazing. This time around I used a whole different selection of seeds and nuts, cranberries, coconut and just a little bit of dark chocolate for a nice sweet surprise. Oh and of course my trusty Pepper & Me Bakers Grind! Next time I’m thinking I might go for a bit more of a tropical flavour, maybe with some mango and even more coconut!
So my favourite way to have this is on top of berries and greek yogurt. It’s seriously such a delicious and healthy breakfast, and the granola really makes it something special. However it’s just as good as a cereal with milk, or even sprinkles on ice cream for a sneaky after dinner treat. I keep our Granola stored in a jar on our kitchen bench because it looks pretty and then everyone has easy access. Any extra that wont fit in the jar goes in an air tight container in the cupboard. This mix will last up to 2 weeks, but it definitely does not stick around that long in our house!
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 3 cups Rolled Oats
- Chopped Nuts and Seeds (I used Flax Seeds, Chia Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Sunflower Seads, Sesame Seeds, and Unsalted Peanuts. But use whatever you like, and as much of it as you would like!)
- Dried Fruit (I used dried Cranberries and Desiccated Coconut. Again you can use whatever dried fruits you like, and as much of them as you would like)
- Chopped Dark Chocolate (optional)
- 1 tbsp Vanilla (optional)
- 2 tbsp Pepper & Me Bakers Grind, or your favourite Baking Spice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Add Oil, Honey, Vanilla and Bakers Grind to a bowl and mix
- Add Rolled Oats and mix until oats are covered
- Add Chopped Nuts and Seeds, and mix well
- Spread out on a baking paper lined baking tray, and bake until golden
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before adding fruit and chocolate
- Store in an air tight container or jar for up to 2 weeks