Top Ten Tuesday – Book Boyfriends

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by the lovely group over at The Broke and the Bookish. You can check out some of my past Top Ten Tuesday posts HERE.

This weeks topic is Book Boyfriends/Girlfriends, which is one I have been waiting for. My Book Boyfriend list is a whole lot longer than just 10, so this was particularly difficult. So instead of trying to rank them, I have decided to just pick a random 10 swoon worthy boys from my list.

reading lord of shadows cassandra clare

1. Draco Malfoy – This particular character was actually my first ever ‘Book Boyfriend’. He was also definitely the start of my love for the misunderstood bad boy! I have always, and will always, stick up for my Draco.

2. Mark Blackthorn – I started to develop a little love for Mark in Lady Midnight, but then Lord of Shadows came out and I became obsessed with the adorable Half Faerie boy and everything he did and said. I cannot wait for more Mark in the next Dark Artifices installment.

3. Ronan Lynch – EVERYTHING ABOUT RONAN MAKES ME SMILE! Once again, a misunderstood bad boy, but a damn cute one! I may have squealed a little when I found out we were getting more books about Ronan.

4. Thomas – Now this one is probably entirely because of Dylan O’Brien… I hadn’t even heard of The Maze Runner series until he was cast in it, and as I like to read the books before watching the movies I decided to give them a go. So the whole time, I pictured Thomas as Dylan. And if you hadn’t picked up on this yet… I love Dylan O’Brien, haha!

5. Augustus Waters – This boy is definitely a swoon worthy character. He was so cute, and sweet, and spontaneous, and he made me grin a lot while reading this book. He also made me cry a whole lot too.

6. Beau – From the moment this character showed up in the story, I knew he would most likely be ending up on my list. Another fictional boy that made me grin. He was so adorable and awkward, it made me pretty happy.

7. Edmund Pevensie – Another boy from the beginning of the Book Boyfriends list. I was awfully protective of this character, and to this day still get very angry at Peter for the way he treats my precious Edmund.

8. Jem Carstairs – Now this boy may be the one who has made me swoon the most. Pretty much everything about him makes me wish he was a real person. He is the sole reason I want to reread The Infernal Devices asap… I miss him.

9. Frank Porter – As I was reading Since You’ve Been Gone, I realised that Frank Porter would have been my perfect boy while I was in High School. Cute and Studious. Where was Frank Porter when I was 16!

10. Sam Roth – So I think Maggie Stiefvater must have been thinking of me when she started creating Sam Roth. Poetry, song writing, bookstores… There was never any chance that this boy wasn’t making the list!

Do you see any of your Book Boyfriends on my list?

1. Daan @ A Library Monster

October 4, 2017 at 11:07 am

THOMAAAAS !!! 😍 Also, Augustus Waters will never fall in oblivion in our memories 💙 *wink wink* I’m yet to read any of the rest, but I will, I promise xD

October 5, 2017 at 9:30 am

Definitely read the rest, there are some seriously swoon-worthy boys to crush on!

1. Daan @ A Library Monster

October 5, 2017 at 9:51 am

They are on my TBR already <3 I can't wait to meet them 😍

2. calyecochran

October 4, 2017 at 1:30 pm

How could I forget, Draco?! As a fellow Slytherin, I wholeheartedly agree. Such a great list!

October 5, 2017 at 9:31 am

Draco was the start of the fictional crushes for me. As a Ravenclaw I feel like I would have probably had to sneak around a bit to see him. Haha!

3. Shanu 🍁🌿🍁 (@anerdyaffair)

October 4, 2017 at 5:50 pm

Draco, Augustus and Ronan were all going to be on my list as well! I had to leave them out.. *sobs quietly*

Your blog design is gorgeous, btw!

October 5, 2017 at 9:32 am

A list of 10 is just not enough right! I had to leave out so many beautful crush-worthy characters!

And thank you! I am relatively new to this blogging business, so it’s always nice to hear when someone likes it!!!

4. Amy Rush Da Silva

October 4, 2017 at 8:21 pm

I crushed on both Draco and Sam but unfortunately they just missed out on being featured on my TTT.

Fab list! 🙂

October 5, 2017 at 9:33 am

10 just wasn’t enough right! So many beautiful boys missed out on my list too. I only read The Wolves of Mercy Falls not long ago, so Sam still takes up a lot of my thoughts. Haha!

5. LHauser27

October 5, 2017 at 12:24 am

Hi! I definitely need to get to Since You’ve Been Gone! i’ve seen Frank on several lists this week 🙂
    My TTT
    Leslie

October 5, 2017 at 9:34 am

Yes, he has popped up on so many peoples lists. It makes me happy as he is such a sweet character!

October 5, 2017 at 9:35 am

Thanks for stopping by! Ronan is definitely a crush worthy character!

6. The Wanderlust Reader

October 5, 2017 at 7:59 am

OMG Jem, my sweet child! I love him so much (and way more than Will tbh) and I miss him dearly. I hope we get to see more of him and Tessa in the future Shadowhunter books!

October 5, 2017 at 9:36 am

Hahah yes, waaaay more than Will! I crushed so hard on Jem from the very beginning! Will would make a fantastic Best Friend though 🙂

7. Jade@BookMuffin

October 5, 2017 at 8:06 am

Ooh, Draco and Mark are good ones! I love how Draco’s character developed in the seed and who doesn’t like the occasional bad boy!

October 5, 2017 at 9:40 am

Mark is definitely one of my top Book Boyfriends at the moment. Since reading Lord of Shadows I’ve just absolutely adored him.

And yes, Draco was probably the start of my love for the bad boy!

8. Nicole's Novel Reads

October 5, 2017 at 8:41 am

I think a lot of people have a crush on Draco Malfoy. He truly is a misunderstood bad boy.

October 5, 2017 at 9:41 am

Yes, Draco! My poor misunderstood baby. It’s not all his fault! Haha

9. L

October 5, 2017 at 11:18 am

Oh! I wasn’t even thinking about Sam! I loved his quiet, bookish personality.

Draco?! I never thought I would see him on this list, lol.

We’ve already agreed about Ronan. 🙂

October 5, 2017 at 1:27 pm

Draco was my first ever Fictional Crush, so he definitely had to be on the list!!

And yes, Sam is such a gorgeous character. I swooned a lot while reading The Wolves of Mercy Falls.

10. icebreaker694

October 5, 2017 at 11:35 am

Great list! Ah, how could I forget about Mark!? I’m so glad you included him on here! And I also agree with Augustus Waters. 😉

October 5, 2017 at 1:28 pm

I am so obsessed with Mark, there was no way he wasn’t making the list!

11. kozbisa

October 5, 2017 at 9:40 pm

Oh, how it was hard to pick just one Shadowhunter. I settled for Julian, but I think that was the grownup side of me. I loved his commitment to his family and his lovely, tender-hearted side too. The younger me probably would have gone with Will or Jace.

October 6, 2017 at 7:00 am

Julian was a very popular choice this week. I saw him on so many peoples lists. I’d have Julian for a Best Friend for sure… I’m just too in love with his Half Brother. Haha!!!

12. Marie

October 6, 2017 at 5:32 am

You have such a GREAT list here, I love it so much. Ronan, Augustus, and yeees Frank Porter would be on my list just as well 🙂

October 6, 2017 at 7:01 am

Thank you for stopping by! I was actually surprised by how popular Frank Porter has been this week. Popping up on so many lists. Yay for the Frank love. Now I want to read Since You’ve Been Gone again!

13. sosobooks100

October 6, 2017 at 8:15 am

You like Draco? **shivers** I hate him so much! But I understand your point of view.
    I love Ronan too! And EDMUND too! OMG I can’t believe I forgot about him. he was totally a childhood crush, and not Peter in my case. I love Jem too, but I’m a Will Herondale girl. The book was fantastically written, however. I couldn’t have asked for a better ending!

October 6, 2017 at 10:02 am

Haha yes, I am a Draco girl. Poor misunderstood boy. I am quite protective of him, just like I am with Edmund!

14. alicerosesimmons

October 7, 2017 at 10:33 pm

Great list! I adore Ronan and can’t believe I forgot about Frank!

October 10, 2017 at 7:36 am

Ronan is definitely adorable <3 and Frank seems to have been a really popular choice for the Book Boyfriend lists! I've seen him pop up so many times. Yay for the Frank love.

15. thebookishlibra

October 9, 2017 at 1:07 am

A lot of these are new to me, but I definitely agree with you about Augustus. Loved him so much when I read that book.

October 10, 2017 at 7:39 am

Augustus was really such a lovely character <3

16. Breanna

October 9, 2017 at 7:55 am

Great list! Draco had always been my favorite character from Harry Potter!

October 10, 2017 at 7:40 am

He is such a complex character, if you take the time to really pay attention to him!

17. lindseyhabets

October 11, 2017 at 6:43 am

Agree with so many of these! Definitely Mark Blackthorn and Jem Carstairs though 🙂

October 11, 2017 at 7:36 am

Cassandra Clare definitely knows how to write a crush-worthy character!