Top Ten Tuesday – Books Published 10 Years Ago

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted each week by the lovely group over at The Broke and the Bookish. You can check out some of my past Top Ten Tuesday posts HERE.

This weeks theme was to create a throwback list. So I have decided to go with ‘Top Ten Books Published 10 Years Ago’. 10 years ago, during the wonderful year that was 2007, this particular blogger was about to celebrate her 16th Birthday So I felt like this would be a fun throwback post to all the new release books I was loving during my teen years!

Top 10 Books Published 10 Years Ago…

1. Forever in Blue: The Fourth Summer of the Sisterhood by Ann Brashares
2. The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
3. Heart-Shaped Box by Joe Hill
4. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
5. Rant by Chuck Palahnuik

6. After Dark – Haruki Murakami
7. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – J.K. Rowling
8. Eclipse – Stephanie Meyer
9. Love, Stargirl – Jerry Spinelli
10. Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan

What were you reading 10 years ago? See any books on my list that you were reading too?

1. Jess @ Jessticulates

September 13, 2017 at 10:46 am

Wow, I can remember so many of these books coming out as though it were yesterday – I feel so old! Great list. =) I’d like to read some Joe Hill and I definitely want to get to The Name of the Wind at some point, I’ve heard so many good things about it.

September 14, 2017 at 8:52 am

It does make you feel old right!? I can’t believe so many of these were 10 years ago.

Definitely add The Name of the Wind to your wishlist, it is wonderful!

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

2. Greg Hill

September 13, 2017 at 2:33 pm

Has it been 10 years since Name of the Wind? Wow. Nick and Norah’s too… just doesn’t seem like that long…

Nice list!

September 14, 2017 at 8:53 am

Amazing how time can move so quickly right!

Thanks for reading 🙂

3. Lauren Stoolfire (@SunSoar25)

September 13, 2017 at 3:36 pm

The Invention of Hugo Cabret was so cool – I even liked what they did with the movie adaptation. 🙂

September 14, 2017 at 8:54 am

It really is such a fun and interesting book. I loved the movie too, so adorable!

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

4. Michelle @ Pink Polka Dot Books

September 13, 2017 at 5:04 pm

I remember being pregnant 7 years ago and DYING for the last HP book. Going to the midnight party and wondering if I should hurry up and read it to find out what happens or savor it!?!?! I compromised and read it fast but not all in one day.

I read Stargirl, but not the sequel. And I thought Nick & Norah’s Infinite Playlist was fun 🙂

September 14, 2017 at 9:10 am

I was the opposite and read it start to finish that day! Haha. I was still in school, so you had to read it quickly if you wanted to avoid hearing spoilers the next day in class! Later when I was pregnant I read them all to my belly though. Haha.

5. Jenn I

September 14, 2017 at 2:24 am

I feel old now, but that’s a great list! 🙂 I just found out the other day that Hugo was a book first, I love the movie so I’m excited to read it.

September 14, 2017 at 9:22 am

It’s amazing how it doesn’t feel that long since these were all released right!? Time goes way too quickly.

Oh my goodness, I hope you enjoy the book! It’s such a wonderful and fun read!

6. Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads

September 14, 2017 at 12:16 pm

It’s so hard to believe that it’s already been 10 years since Deathly Hallows released!! I still haven’t read The Name of the Wind (it’s so long and it intimidates me haha), but I really want to! This was a great idea for the throwback freebie 🙂

September 14, 2017 at 12:20 pm

I know right! And I am still holding onto Harry Potter as tightly as I was then! Makes me feel pretty old, haha!

7. Jaime

September 14, 2017 at 2:05 pm

I LOVE ‘The Invention of Hugo Cabret.’ The movie was, in my opinion, just as magical. Some of these, like Eclipse and the Deathly Hallows, make me feel old! Ten years ago?!!

September 15, 2017 at 8:17 am

Haha they are making me feel old too. Specially Harry Potter, I’m still holding onto it just as tightly!

And you, the movie is so charming and adorable, you can’t help but love it.

8. 1girl2manybooks