It’s Monday! What are you reading? #11

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme to share what you read last week, what you’re currently reading, and what you plan to read next. It’s an awesome way to connect over books and to find out about new books for your TBR! This weekly post is hosted by the wonderful Bookdate. You can find my last ‘It’s Monday!” post HERE!

What I read last week!

This Savage Song – Victoria Schwab

This had been sitting on my TBR shelf for about a year and I can’t believe it took me that long to get around to it. I absolutely loved it! It was a bit of a slow start, but it didn’t take long for me to be so intrigued that I just couldn’t put it down.

Now I am desperate to pick up the sequel but I’m having trouble tracking down the hardcover copy that will match my copy of This Savage Song. Bookworm problems!

Currently reading…

The Worlds Worst Children 2 – David Walliams

This is one of the titles the lovely people at Harper Collins sent me to review. We had discussed how I was building a library of wonderful and fun books for my daughter, and they suggested that I give this one a go and see if I would like to add it to her shelves.

So far it is a lot of fun, and the illustrations are just fantastic. Hopefully I will have a review up for this very shortly as it is a pretty quick read.

The Sandcastle Empire – Kayla Olson

I was so so excited for this one when I got it in an Owl Crate box, but I just haven’t managed to get round to it. Until now. With another Owl Crate on the way, I figured if I didn’t read it now then it would just sit on the shelf for a year like This Savage Song did.

From the blurb and the comments that have been made about this book, it honestly sounds like my kind of book. I’ve only just cracked the cover but I really hope I’m going to enjoy it as much as I think I will.

What’s next?

What are you reading this week? See any titles you love on my list?

1. Diana

September 12, 2017 at 10:55 am

I’ve heard a lot about This Savage Song, I’ll have to check it out.
    Have a great week!

September 12, 2017 at 2:13 pm

I really loved it! It has a very interesting concept 🙂

Thanks for stopping by!

2. Louisa Paarsmarkt

September 12, 2017 at 11:51 am

Oh, some really great books here, like The Savage Song and Sinner! Glad you enjoyed hte former, and I hope you enjoy the later! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

September 12, 2017 at 2:14 pm

After loving The Wolves of Mercy Falls series, I think it’s safe to say that I am going to love Sinner too 🙂

3. Laurel-Rain Snow

September 12, 2017 at 1:28 pm

I loved The Language of Flowers…and your copy has a beautiful cover! Thanks for sharing,and for visiting my blog. Have a great week!

September 12, 2017 at 2:15 pm

The Language of the Flowers will be a reread for me. I had to grab this one because the cover was so much nicer than the one I already owned. Haha!

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

4. Susie | Novel Visits

September 12, 2017 at 1:38 pm

Isn’t it fun to build a library for kids. I love checking out new kids’ books. There is such great variety and so much happiness in them. Have a great week.

September 12, 2017 at 2:16 pm

It really is such a blast. My daughter isn’t even reading yet, but I’m building the ultimate collection for her so that she will always have wonderful stories at her fingertips!

5. Laura @ Library of Clean Reads

September 12, 2017 at 2:20 pm

I always want to kick myself for waiting so long when I pick up a book that’s been sitting on my TBR pile and it ends up being so good. I didn’t know Stiefvater had a new book out. Enjoy your reading week!

September 14, 2017 at 9:35 am

I’m pretty sure Sinner was released in 2014. It’s a companion novel for The Wolves of Mercy Falls 🙂

6. Susan @ The Book Bag

September 15, 2017 at 2:35 am

These are all new to me titles but they look intriguing, Have a great weekend, it’s almost Friday, isn’t it? 🙂

September 15, 2017 at 8:24 am

Thanks so much for stopping by 🙂

It’s Friday Morning in my part of the world!