It’s Monday! What are you reading? #9

It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? is a weekly meme to share what you read last week, what you’re currently reading, and what you plan to read next. It’s an awesome way to connect over books and to find out about new books for your TBR! This weekly post is hosted by the wonderful Bookdate. You can find my last ‘It’s Monday!” post HERE.

What I read last week?

Percy Jackson and the Titan’s Curse – Rick Riordan

This week I made my way through the third installment of the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, as a part of my Never Have I Ever segment here on Book & Bloom.

Keep your eye out for my next update on how I am finding reading this series for the first time as an adult. You can read the rest of my updates on this HERE.

Currently reading…

This Savage Song – Victoria Schwab

Now I have barely even started this one so I haven’t really formed an opinion yet, but I have pretty much only heard good things! So many of my favourite people (both in real life and in the blogging world) have really really enjoyed this one, so I am hoping I will love it just as much as they did!

What’s next?

So next I will be continuing with the Percy Jackson series, finally picking up The Sandcastle Empire which I received in an Owl Crate a few months ago, and having a reread of The Strange Library by Haruki Murakami because, FUN FACT TIME… Haruki Murakami is my favourite author!

What are you reading this week? Anything exciting coming up next for you?

1. Mareli Thalwitzer

August 8, 2017 at 12:54 am

I’ve watched all the Percy Jackson movies, but the books never really caught my attention. One of my virtual book clubs are reading it this month, still not sure if I’m going to join!

The rest of your books look great! I am also a huge Murakami fan, but haven’t read The strange library yet. How strange….! The sandcastle empire also looks amazing….

Happy reading and here’s my latest reads: http://marelithalkink.blogspot.co.za/2017/08/monday-shout-out-i-dont-need-therapy-i.html

August 8, 2017 at 12:10 pm

Yeah, I missed the bandwagon with Percy Jackson, so this is my first time reading them. I recently wrote about building a library for my daughter , so I am trying to read a lot more Middle Grade to find great stories to add to her collection 🙂 Percy Jackson is a lot of fun though (and it’s fun writing about my experience reading them for the first time as an adult), so I will definitely be popping it on her shelf 🙂

2. Amy Rush Da Silva

August 8, 2017 at 1:58 am

I’ve only read the first book in the Percy Jackson series, need to start reading the others. Great list!

Have a good reading week!

My It’s Monday! What Are You Reading? – http://www.amysbookishlife.co.uk/2017/08/its-monday-what-are-you-reading-11.html

August 8, 2017 at 12:11 pm

I definitely recommend them for a lighter and super fun read!

3. Kathy Martin

August 8, 2017 at 2:56 am

I read the first Percy Jackson but didn’t carry on the series. I enjoyed This Savage Song and thought Sandcastle Empire was just okay. I’ll be eager to hear what you think. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

August 8, 2017 at 12:12 pm

Percy Jackson is definitely a fun read 🙂 The Sandcastle Empire actually sounds like my perfect book, so I really hope I love it!

4. Pussreboots

August 8, 2017 at 9:16 am

The Strange Library is on my wishlist. Come see what I’m reading.

August 8, 2017 at 12:04 pm

Everything Murakami does is wonderful!

5. Rosie @ Rosie Writes Things

August 8, 2017 at 1:42 pm

Confession: I haven’t read any of the Percy Jackson novels (OR seen the movie[s]). I don’t know that I want to though? And oh man, I want to hear an opinion on This Savage Song! I want to read it, because I like Schwab’s work. Just haven’t gotten around to it yet (I still need to finish A Darker Shade series).

I just started Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake yesterday (it’s very good so far!), after I finished A Fierce and Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry (eh, okay). Happy Monday 😉

August 8, 2017 at 8:36 pm

Neither had I until this year! That’s why I started my Never Have I Ever… segment, to get me reading popular books I missed the bandwagon on! It’d definitely a fun read, and I’ll be adding it to my daughters library for sure.

I had never read any of Schwab’s work, so This Savage Song is my first. It’s been sitting on my shelf for almost a year now, so I figured it was about time!

Oh I absolutely loved Three Dark Crowns. I hope you enjoy the rest of the book. I cannot wait for One Dark Throne!