Top Ten Tuesday – Best Books You’ve Read So Far!

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely group over at The Broke and the Bookish. You can find my last weeks post HERE. This weeks Top Ten Tuesday topic was Best Books You’ve Read In 2017 So Far. So this list isn’t quite 10… I’m a little behind on my reading challenge so I didn’t have as many or as wide a variety to choose from as I would have liked, but I am catching up quick! So here are some of my favourites from the year!

reading lady midnight cassandra clare reading lord of shadows cassandra clare

1. Lady Midnight – Cassandra Clare
So yes, this was a reread, but I am going to include it anyway! I thought I enjoyed this the first time I read it, but I was wrong. This was even more enjoyable the second time around! I was so happy to back in this world and with these characters, and it was fantastic refreshing my memory before Lord of Shadows.

2. Lord of Shadows – Cassandra Clare
Oh my goodness, this book absolutely ruined me. I read the last page, put it down and then just wandered around the house for a while mumbling to myself. Cassandra Clare has this ability to make me fall so deeply in love with a book, yet make me hate it so much at the same time because it is just so damn good. Being back with the Shadowhunters has just made me more excited to reread them all again from the beginning. This is something that is on my to-do-list for this year.

3. Three Dark Crowns – Kendare Blake
This was one of the books I received in an Owl Crate box last year, but it took me until this year to finally get to it. I can’t believe it took me so long! Now I know opinions on this book are super varied, but I definitely loved it! As soon as I finished it I was checking online for the release date for the second one. Only a few months to go!

4. Carry On – Rainbow Rowell
This was such a fun read! After reading Fangirl last year I went out and got Carry On but then it ended up being swallowed by the rest of my TBR pile and stayed on the shelf for far too long. I finally got to it earlier in the year and I enjoyed it so much. Specially after having read Fangirl first, it was like a great little extra!

5. The Love That Split The World – Emily Henry
When I picked this one up I was expecting something light and fluffy. A nice easy read. But oh my goodness it was so much more. I really really wish it hadn’t been over so soon. Such a beautiful story. Review to come soon 🙂

6. Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief – Rick Riordan
So if you’ve been keeping up with my posts you will know that I have never read the Percy Jackson series up until now. Reading this book for the first time as an adult was a bit different, but I still enjoyed it quite a lot. Keep your eye out for updates 🙂

7. A Court of Thorns and Roses Series – Sarah J. Maas
Yes, I was a bit slow to jump on the bandwagon for these but I got to them eventually. I was a bit annoyed with myself for leaving them for so long as I enjoyed them so much. A Court of Mist and Fury was definitely my favourite (along with most people I think), but all three of them were pretty exciting! Definitely a series I would recommend and will reread in the future!

What was your favourite read of 2017 so far?

1. Anne with an e

June 27, 2017 at 5:47 pm

I’m an adult & just finished reading the Percy Jackson series! I loved it. I wish they had been around when I was a kid.

June 27, 2017 at 6:13 pm

I was just a little too old when they started being released so I completely missed the Percy Jackson train! I am enjoying them a lot so far though!

2. Ellie Warren

June 27, 2017 at 10:25 pm

I didn’t really feel I had a lot to choose from either this time round. Read lots of good books but not many absolutely amazing ones. Plus I left my re-reads off my list.

June 28, 2017 at 5:01 pm

At least I’m not the only one. Haha I’ve just been a little slow this year, and reading a whole heap of YA so not a lot of variety for me at the moment! And normally i’d leave my rereads of too, but I just had to include Lady Midnight!

3. Jaymie Pierce

June 28, 2017 at 1:26 am

I haven’t read “A Court of Wings and Ruin” just yet. I think it’s because I loved “A Court of Mist and Fury” so, so much! Great list here! I need to read “Three Dark Crowns” soon, too!

June 28, 2017 at 5:03 pm

Oh I can totally understand that! But you should definitely read it soon. I had a few issues with it but overall it was fantastic and I really enjoyed it. Three Dark Crowns was awesome too, but you should wait until closer to the release of One Dark Throne! The end of Three Dark Crowns was so intense, it made me want One Dark Throne right away!

4. hopewellslibraryoflife

June 28, 2017 at 2:13 am

Rainbow Rowell. MUST. MAKE. TIME. Must see why everyone loves her books!

June 28, 2017 at 5:04 pm

Definitely make some time for them. They are super cute!

1. hopewellslibraryoflife

June 29, 2017 at 3:18 am

Plotting them at least one of the ones I own into the schedule!

5. Jacqueline

June 28, 2017 at 2:26 am

Great list! I included Three Dark Crowns on my TTT this week as well. I’m also working my way through the Percy Jackson series. I’ve only read the first three, but hope to get to another one soon. I’m happy to see you enjoyed Carry On. I bought it a while ago too after reading Fangirl 🙂

My TTT: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/06/top-ten-tuesday-best-books-ive-read-in.html

June 28, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Yay another Percy Jackson reading buddy! I’m about 1/3 into Sea of Monsters now. It’s a really fun read so far.

6. Destiny @ Howling Libraries

June 28, 2017 at 6:51 am

Great list! A bunch of these are actually on my TBR. ACOMAF made my list this week – such a great series! Here’s my T10T for this week!

June 28, 2017 at 5:07 pm

I’m noticing a trend of ACOMAF popping up on a lot of lists this week. It was such a wonderful read!

7. J. Hooligan @ Platypire Reviews

June 28, 2017 at 6:56 am

I also just read Percy Jackson for the first time! I went through the entire series in March.

June 28, 2017 at 5:07 pm

I’m reading Sea of Monsters now and really enjoying it. The series is such a fun read, I can’t wait to get through the rest!

8. iloveheartlandx

June 28, 2017 at 7:20 am

I haven’t finished the ACOTAR series yet (have to read ACOWAR) but ACOMAF is my favourite so far and made my list this week. Ooh yay you’ve started the Percy Jackson books! Let me know how you like the rest of them, it’s one of my favourite series. I also have Three Dark Crowns on my TBR, so I’m glad to see you enjoyed it.
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/27/top-ten-tuesday-113/

June 28, 2017 at 5:09 pm

ACOMAF is definitely a tough one to beat! I am reading Sea of Monsters now and I am really enjoying it. So far the Percy Jackson series is a really fun read!

1. iloveheartlandx

June 29, 2017 at 1:30 am

Yes it is! Oh that’s great to hear. Yes Percy Jackson is a lot of fun!

9. Linda

June 28, 2017 at 10:52 am

I’m such a Rainbow Rowell fan girl! I loved Carry On. As well as all of her books. Great list!

June 28, 2017 at 5:11 pm

I’ve honestly only read Fangirl and Carry On. But the rest are definitely on my TBR as I enjoyed those two so much.

10. Cass, Words on Paper (@cc9309)

June 28, 2017 at 1:33 pm

The Love That Split the World!! Still need to read it, but I really want to! <3 I've only read book 1 for ACOTAR, but I'm a bit hesitant now because it's not really YA, is it? Hahah, I am 24 so I should read more adult, honestly. 😛 I dunno, I just don't want a massive romance-fest, I hope there's a rock-solid plot there too to accompany it at least.

Cass @ Words on Paper

June 28, 2017 at 5:13 pm

I definitely recommend The Love That Split The World. I am hoping to have a review up for it later this week 🙂 I’m a big YA lover too, but I do like a bit of everything on my reading list! I found the ACO series definitely has a YA vibe, there are just a few bits that are more for the older audience. I’m also a hopeless romantic so I love me some super fluffy romance, but this definitely isn’t a romance novel. There are some lovely romantic bits, but it all links into the plot very well. Not just fluff for the sake of it! I’d definitely say it is more plot heavy!

11. Holly

June 29, 2017 at 11:10 pm

Hi! My name is Holly and I’m your partner for the July Comment Challenge! 🙂 I just wanted to drop by and say hello– also, your blog design is gorgeous! <3 Can't wait to read more of your posts!

June 30, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Hi Holly! Thanks for stopping by! I’ve honestly been so busy I almost forgot about this challenge, but I am excited for it! I will pop over to your blog soon and have a peek around 🙂

1. Holly

June 30, 2017 at 11:45 pm

I always have to remind myself about this challenge because it’s easy to forget about in the midst of blogging and reading and regular life stuff 🙂

12. Cait @ Paper Fury

June 30, 2017 at 11:43 pm

AHHH I’M WITH YOU ON LADY MIDNIGHT AND LORD OF SHADOWS. SO SO MUCH AHH!! I did a re-read for Lady Midnight too and omg is it possible to love a book even more the second time?? It was a 5-star read for me already but like, now, I need a million stars. ❤️💔 And LoS was just cruel and I shall never survive till 2019 to get the finale. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS. AHHH

I also loved Carry On and Percy Jackson!! You’ve definitely had some great ones here. 🎉

July 2, 2017 at 7:22 am

Lady Midnight is definitely even better the second time around! And I bet it is exactly the dame for Lord of Shadows too! Oh no, I guess that means I’ll have to reread it and find out! Haha, my poor tbr, forever pushed aside for rereads! But seriously, I feel you on the wait! 2019 IS TOO FAR AWAY AND I NEED MORE MARK BLACKTHORN IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW!

Percy Jackson has been a really fun read so far! I’m onto Sea of Monsters now, and I’m excited to get through the rest. It is really strange reading them for the first time as an adult though! Like these would have been perfect for my younger self. I would have been so obsessed, I just know it. But I completely missed the bandwagon!

13. Top Ten Tuesday - Childhood Favourites | Book & Bloom

July 25, 2017 at 6:04 pm

[…] Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely group over at The Broke and the Bookish. You can find my last Top Ten Tuesday post HERE. […]