Top Ten Tuesday – Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the lovely group over at The Broke and the Bookish. This weeks Top Ten Tuesday topic is Top Ten Series I’ve Been Meaning To Start But Haven’t. A feel like this list should be a lot longer than just 10, but we will keep it at that for now!

1. Percy Jackson and the Olympians – Rick Riordan
It is true… I have not read Percy Jackson and the Olympians. I actually have a blog post organized that is all about this, so I wont say too much here. However, I am definitely planning on reading this series!

2. The Dark Tower –  Stephen King
Now I did actually start this series once upon a time, however life happened and I didn’t get very far. Since then it has been on my TBR list but I just haven’t managed to get to it. I am hoping to change that very soon, as I am such a massive Stephen King fan and I definitely feel like I am missing out.

3. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before – Jenny Han
I literally see this book everywhere! All over Instagram, Facebook, Goodreads… It continues to pip up in my face all the time. So of course I have mentally stored it away on my never reading TBR list. The more I see it around the more I want to read it, but I think I may save this one for the Summer. It sounds like it would be a wonderful Summer read.

4. Matched – Ally Condie
I have heard mixed reviews about this one, but I always like to give something a go so I can form my own opinion on it. I’ve had the series on my bookshelf for a while now but still haven’t got round to picking it up. One day I will, and then I will know which side of the fence I sit on.

5. Outlander – Diana Gabaldon
I feel terrible that I have not yet picked this one up. It seems like such a huge commitment that I have been waiting for the perfect time, but that time has not come yet. Perhaps I can make this a challenge for myself in the near future.

6. Gone –  Michael Grant
I have had a few titles from this series on my shelf for a while now, but haven’t got round to grabbing the rest of them. I am hoping I will be able to find them all in the second hand bookstores we have around our town. I’m always keen for a bargain second hand copy of a book.

7. Fallen – Lauren Kate
Another series that I need to complete before I want to start it. I have the first two of this series on my shelves, ready to be read! Hopefully it won’t take me long to find the rest and then I can get started.

8. Hush, Hush – Becca Fitzpatrick
Yet another series that I want to complete before I read. I have the first two and hopefully will have the next two very soon so that I can give these a go. I’ve heard good things so I am excited to start them.

9. The Lunar Chronicles – Marissa Meyer
I’m not 100% sure about this series. I have heard amazing reviews but it just doesn’t sound like something I’m going to enjoy. However I would like to be proven wrong and absolutely love it.

10. The Wolves of Mercy – Maggie Stiefvater
I am a massive fan of The Raven Cycle, so this series was already on my wishlist. Then last week while browsing in one of my favourite second hand bookstores, I found the box set in amazing condition for $10! Of course I had to grab it, and now it is definitely the next series I will be reading!

Have you read any of these series’?
If so what did you think of them?

You can check out my previous Top Ten Tuesday on my favourite Summer Reads HERE

1. readerbuzz

June 20, 2017 at 10:25 pm

I’m with you about Cinder: I’m not sure it is my sort of read. Percy Jackson, now….

June 20, 2017 at 10:42 pm

I am very excited to read Percy Jackson! And I am going to give Cinder a go… eventually 😂

2. Cass, Words on Paper (@cc9309)

June 20, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Yes! To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before seems to be EVERYWHERE! I also added it to my list, and I’ve recently bought the first two books and they are gorgeous and it is hard to resist just delving into it! The Lunar Chronicles needs to pushed right to the top of your TBR in my opinion. It is one of the greatest YA series ever in my opinion! <3 So much love, I honestly don't many negative impressions about it as a whole. Such a fun and engrossing series!! And Matched was meh for me (only read the first book). I like the look of your blog – I'm going to poke around a bit. *poke poke*

Cass @ Words on Paper

June 20, 2017 at 10:44 pm

They really are gorgeous books! I’m thinking I will have to get them pretty soon!

I have heard so many good things about The Lunar Chronicles so I am definitely going to give it a go. I own the first one so maybe I’ll pick it up soon!

Thanks so much for having a look around 💕

3. StacyRenee @ LazyDayLit

June 21, 2017 at 12:17 am

I finished the Lunar Chronicles last year! Woot for one series! lol
    I started Outlander this year but I’m sure it will take me years to finish. And I plan to start The Dark Tower soon! 🙂

Stacy Renee @ Lazy Day Literature

June 21, 2017 at 7:26 am

Yes, Outlander is a massive commitment. I can’t decide if I want to start soon, or what till the next book is closer to being released!

4. Cholla

June 21, 2017 at 3:43 am

I really enjoyed the Fallen series by Lauren Kate. I think I just have the last book to read now.

Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

June 21, 2017 at 7:45 am

That is so good to hear. I am definitely planning on picking it up asap!

5. bookishgirl61

June 21, 2017 at 5:24 am

It took me forever to read Outlander. The size is so intimidating. I’m now up to the third book in the series and I think the books are getting larger as the series go on. Eek! I highly recommend To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before by Jenny Han; if you love fluffy contemporary than you are definitely in for a treat. I hope you enjoy all these series! Great list! Happy reading! Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!

June 21, 2017 at 7:49 am

It definitely is intimidating. And the fact that the series is not finished and she takes soooo long to put out her books kinda makes me want to wait. But I probably wont.

I really love a bit of fluffy contemporary so I am definitely looking forward to it. When I get around to actually purchasing the books, haha.

Thanks for reading 🙂

6. Susan (Bloggin' 'bout Books)

June 21, 2017 at 7:48 am

Nice list! I loved the Gone series and The Lunar Chronicles. I’ve read at least the first books of most of the other series on your list. I need to actually finish some of these series. Ha ha.

Happy TTT!

June 21, 2017 at 7:52 am

I have heard so many good things about both, and the Gone series definitely sounds like something I will like. I’m still not sure about The Lunar Chronicles, but I will definitely give it a go!

Thanks for stopping by 🙂

7. Louise

June 21, 2017 at 8:58 am

Percy Jackson is brilliant! The Cinder series is great too, although I’ve only read the first two.

June 21, 2017 at 9:44 am

I will be posting about my plans for Percy Jackson in a few days 🙂 I am very excited to get started! And I will definitely give Cinder a go at some point!

8. Emma

June 21, 2017 at 12:54 pm

I’ve seen To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before on quite a few lists, and it is absolutely one of my favorite trilogies. I also quite enjoyed The Lunar Chronicles, so I hope you can get to those soon!

June 22, 2017 at 8:04 am

I am honestly even more excited to read ‘To All The Boys’ after having so many people rave about it!

Thanks for reading 🙂

9. literaryhues

June 21, 2017 at 9:37 pm

The Lunar Chronicles is one of my favourite series ever. And Percy Jackson is absolutely amazing! Hope you’ll love them as much as I do.

June 22, 2017 at 8:03 am

I am definitely going to give The Lunar Chronicles a go, it just might take me a while ti get there, haha! I actually just posted never having read Percy Jackson… you can check that out HERE if you would like 🙂

Thanks for stopping by xo

10. Never Have I Ever... read Percy Jackson | Book & Bloom

June 22, 2017 at 7:44 am

[…] This is a new post that I have decided I would like to try and do as often as possible. Never Have I Ever! The inspiration behind this came about while I was scrolling through one of the many bookish groups I am a part of on Facebook and I saw yet another conversation about Percy Jackson. I also recently added the series to my latest ‘Top Ten Tuesday’ post about ‘series I have been meaning to start’ which you can find HERE. […]

11. Jamie E

June 22, 2017 at 5:39 pm

Fantastic list! I just recently finished he Percy Jackson books this month. Very good series. I gets better with each book. We have a couple other series in common that are on my TTT as well this week. Happy reading!

12. iloveheartlandx

June 23, 2017 at 6:11 am

The Percy Jackson books are one of my favourite series, I hope you enjoy it!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2017/06/20/top-ten-tuesday-112/

June 23, 2017 at 8:12 am

I’ve just started and I’m enjoying the story. The writing is definitely very young, but I was of course expecting that!

1. iloveheartlandx

June 23, 2017 at 10:33 am

Yeah of course, you can’t exactly expect adult writing in a MG book!

13. Top Ten Tuesday - Best Books You've Read So Far! | Book & Bloom

June 27, 2017 at 4:08 am

[…] is hosted by the lovely group over at The Broke and the Bookish. You can find my last weeks post HERE. This weeks Top Ten Tuesday topic was Best Books You’ve Read In 2017 So Far. So this list […]